Skip to content

Split Reins


Split rein hold
Split reins are commonly used by western riders and there are several ways
to hold them– the two-handed trainer’s hold (with the reins bridged and
both reins in both hands), one-handed trainer’s hold (reins bridged with
four fingers between the reins) and the proper split rein, like what is
required in competition. The split reins hold is sometimes called the
“pistol grip” and is easily taught to riders by having them make a pistol,
then grab the reins with the index finger between the reins.
–Julie Goodnight

You Might Also Like...

No comment yet, add your voice below!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *